- To build the capacity of rural and urban poor through skills and capacity building training programs.
- To work for the development of disabled persons.
- To protect the rights of the disabled.
- To prevent the marginalization and discrimination against the disabled.
- To ensure the active participation of the disabled in socio-economic activities in their communities.
- Establishment of Community Skills Training Centers and linkages between disabled cooperative groups and micro-credit enterprises for financial empowerment of disabled. Capacity of young disabled built and community based cooperatives financially empowered to take care of their livelihoods and dependants.
- To work for alround development of Women and Children especially Health & Nutrition, Reproductive & Child Health, Raising Awareness about Gender-based violence as a human rights issue at the local, regional, national and international levels.
- Strengthening local work around violence against women.
- Demonstrating the solidarity of women around the region organizing awareness campaign on violence against women.
- Setting-up of Shelter Home for Orphaned and Abandoned Children, Mentally distressed women, Trafficked women, Shelter Home for Widows, Drugs De-addiction Centre, Shelter Home for Elderly Persons etc.
- Setting-up of Family Counseling Center for protection of separated/divorced women, family conflict etc.
- To undertake awareness on Environment Protection.
- To undertake Health & Agriculture development projects.
- To set-up an Area Resource Centre for promoting development activities.
- To form a network of individuals and institutions committed to social development.
People’s participation towards social development.
Empowerment of weaker sections of the society (Specially women)
Proper utilization of locally available resources.
GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF INTERVENTION:
Presently our target area covers the entire Kamrup District of Assam. However, IDA hopes to work in other parts of Assam and NE region in future.
PRIORITY AREAS OF PROGRAM INTERVENTIONS:
- Community Development
- SHG Promotion and Management
- Human Resource Development
- Gender Development
- Capacity and Skills Building
- Health Awareness and Education
- Micro Credit Programs with setting up of Micro Credit Bank
- Marketing of locally made products by SHGs
- Entrepreneurship Development
Copyright © 2022 INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION